Ohmigosh Ohmigosh Ohmigosh! The lovely Natalie at Over The Top Coat has nominated me for a Liebster Award, and I couldn’t be more excited! The fun thing about this award is that it’s given to you by other bloggers, so it’s pretty awesome when someone else likes your blog that much!
There is a bit of a catch, however (but not a huge one).
In order to claim a Liebster Award, there are a few requirements to meet:
1. You must nominate 11 other bloggers, all with fewer than 200 followers, and you must notify them of your nomination.
2. You must answer 11 questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you.
3. You must give your nominees 11 questions to answer.
4. You must link back to the blogger who nominated you.
Okay, simple enough.
First, here are the 11 blogs I’ve nominated for the award:
1. Nail Polish Sleuth
2. Nail Art Novice
4. Vegan Nail Art, Baby
5. A Mani Maniac
6. Disasterpiece Polish
7. Cat’s Adventures in Lacquer Land
8. Colorful Cupcake Cat
10. Tunay Na Mahal
11. The Painted Ninja
And here are my questions for my nominees:
1. If you were told you could only keep 10 polishes for the rest of your life, what would they be?
2. What is your favorite style of nail art?
3. What hobbies do you have beside nail polish/nail art?
4. What was your favorite vacation ever?
5. Are you in a relationship? If so, what is he/she like?
6. What is your ideal comfort food?
7. Do you have any equally (or even more) obsessed polish loving friends, or are you alone in your dedication?
8. What was the first polish you ever bought?
9. Are you into makeup as well as polish? What are your favorite makeup products?
10. What is your favorite color family?
11. If someone paid you a million dollars to not paint your nails for a week (not even to swatch for your blog) would you do it?
And last but certainly not least, the questions Natalie gave me to answer:
1. What kind of superpower would you most like to have?
Teleportation. I would love the ability to just snap my fingers and end up anywhere in the world. Want to visit my parents in Arizona? Snap and I’m there. Want to go see the sights in Tokyo? Done. Running late to work? Not a problem.
2. Where is your favorite place in the whole world? (It does not have to be somewhere you’ve actually been)
My mom’s or aunt’s house. There’s just something comforting about being there for me, surrounded by family.
3. Do you have pets? Please include type of pet and their name(s)
I do not, sadly. The Fanboy and I are currently living in a place that doesn’t allow pets, but we have wishful thinking for when we move into a place that does. (A dog named Goo or Acey for The Fanboy, a cat named Kaos, Onyx or Kandaja/Katida for me)
4. Why did you decide to start blogging?
In general, or on this blog in particular? I’ve had many different blogs over the years, but to be completely honest, every one I’ve had was because I was inspired by another blogger with a similarly themed blog. For this blog, that would be Sarah of Heaps of Polish Fun, because we’ve known each other since middle school and it was really awesome that we had something to connect with as adults. (Though she hasn’t updated in a year, I’ve been poking her to revive her blog.)
5. If you won a million dollars, what would you do with it?
Pay off mine and The Fanboy’s debts, buy us a house, probably give some to members of my family, and with the rest I’d buy an awesome computer (for myself AND The Fanboy) and go crazy adding to my stash.
6. What’s your favorite day of the week?
Wednesday and Thursday, because those are The Fanboy’s days off and it’s nice to have the day to spend with him if I can snag one of the two off myself.
7. Do you “geek out” over anything? (i.e. TV show, favorite band, comic books, etc.)
Do I ever! The biggest one is the Backstreet Boys (remember this post?), but other ones include w-inds., Big Bang, Futurama, Ben 10, The Sims, Harvest Moon, Scott Pilgrim, Reaper, and The Social Network. (And those are just the main ones! There are also many fly-by-night fandoms I get into for six months to a year, and then fade out of)
8. Do you like to cook/bake?
I love to bake, I get it from my mother. I’m not that great of one, but everything still tastes good so that’s all that matters! I don’t really like to cook, The Fanboy is better at that than I am.
9. Do you think there’s life on other planets?
I absolutely do. I always have. I can’t be led to believe that with as huge and vast as the universe is, we are the only planet that has the ability to sustain life.
10. Are you a fan of practical jokes or pranks?
Nope. I get very easily offended and I have a hard time reading sarcasm, so they tend to make me very upset.
11. What’s something that few people might know about you?
Um, wow. I tend to be an open book, but I think something I haven’t mentioned to my followers is that when I start having kids (which is hopefully soon), I would love a little girl so I can paint her nails.
I can’t wait to see everyone’s answers!