Hey everyone! Today I have swatches and a review of a new brand on the polish scene! This brand won’t be unheard of for those of you who read Adventures in Acetone, since she’s been working with the brand for quite a while (and in fact, she was the one who introduced me to the brand as well.)
DARE Colors is a brand that is sold exclusively at WalMart, and what I like about their marketing scheme is that they sell you the entire collection as a package set! The bottles are a little smaller than a standard bottle of polish (.36 fl oz/10.5 ml vs .5 fl oz/15 ml), but since they come out to roughly $2 a bottle, it’s still a pretty good deal.
First off, some things about all four colors so I don’t have to repeat myself:
- These polishes are 5-free and cruelty free.
- These polishes are sheer. Very sheer. I don’t think there is a way to build these to opacity, so all these swatches are over white. (Wet N Wild French White Creme for the curious.)
- Even though they were over white, it still took two coats to cover the white completely.
- With the exception of the pink, which was really streaky, the formula on these are really nice, and were self leveling. (I don’t know what went wrong with the pink, lol.)
- These are in your face neons, which is what I was hoping for when I first saw them (I’ve been dying to do some nude and neon looks since I now have the perfect nude.)
Now, onto the swatches!
“Want to get a little wild? Try on this edgy pink!”
A bright, bubblegum pink. I love the color, just wish the formula was better.
“Be on the lookout for danger in this standout orange.”
A red toned orange. I was surprised by this color, it wasn’t what I was expecting when I think of orange polishes, but I like it!
“In this attention getting yellow you’ll make them come to you.”
Quintessential neon yellow. Neon yellow is hard to do uniquely, but I don’t have anything like this in my collection.
“This fiery coral will reveal your sweet, playful side.”
Not what I think of when I think of coral, but a pretty color nonetheless.
Overall, I’m pleased with this collection and look forward to more colors from the brand (they have a new collection coming out in a month or two).